What are the benefits of massage therapy?
The benefits of massage therapy and therapeutic massage are numerous. Here are some examples on the structure and posture of the body:
- relieves back pain;
- makes muscles more supple;
- Helps to release tension;
- improves joint mobility;
- promotes greater range of motion.
It is also possible to see the benefits of massage therapy on the functioning of the whole body:
- soothes and calms;
- relieves pain;
- improves sleep quality;
- increases breathing capacity;
- strengthens the immune system;
- improves digestion and reduces constipation;
- improves blood and lymphatic circulation;
- improves skin health.
The benefits of massage therapy also include sensory and psychomotor benefits:
- increases body awareness;
- awakens the sense of touch and sharpens perceptions;
- promotes a greater flow of energy.
On the psychological and emotional levels :
- Increases awareness of one’s emotions;
- increases self-esteem and self-worth;
- contributes to calmness and resistance to stress;
- reduces anxiety.