Last update: June 3, 2020
Massage therapy is authorized since June 1, 2020
Please read our detailed announcement in French for detailed information. We are currently working on translating all relevant documentation in English.
NEW : The Professional Liability Waiver for printing or digital use is available in English here (member’s only access).
NEW : Our Procédure de reprise des activités has been translated in English. Please read our Guidelines for the Resumption of Massage Therapy in the Context of COVID-19.
More information :
Financial Assistance: The Canada Emergency Response Benefit
Eligible Canadiens are invited to submit an online application. The portal created to process the benefits is accessible as of April 6, 2020. People who don’t have Internet access can also submit an application by telephone.
Free Online Courses Recognized in your Training Curriculum
This period of confinement, as difficult as it is, is an opportunity to further add to your knowledge and develop your competencies. With this in mind, the board of directors has mandated the FQM’s full-time team to create training capsules that will be offered online free of charge and recognized in your training curriculum. Have a look at the calendar here!
A warm word of thanks goes out to all the certified massage therapists who have mobilized on a voluntary and volunteer basis to offer you quality online trainings. It goes without saying that without their collaboration, we would not be able to offer these capsules at no charge.
FQM “Virtual Campfire”: Every second Friday at 3 p.m. on Facebook
The FQM invites you to join your massage therapy colleagues around the FQM’s “virtual campfire.” In concrete terms, we broadcast a video live on the Facebook group for FQM members in order to respond to your comments, questions and concerns. We will take the opportunity to update you on the latest developments as well as share resources so as to help you better manage your stress. Watch the first virtual campfire here.
The FQM offices are closed until further notice
To contact our team:
By telephone: 514-597-0505 or toll free at 1-800-363-9609 (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Fédération québécoise des massothérapeutes
4428 Boul. Saint-Laurent, suite 400
Montréal QC H2W 1Z5
Financial Support Measures
We’ve drawn up a summary of the measures our members may find useful in easing the financial pressure caused by the current situation:
- Hydro-Québec has announced several significant measures aimed at coming to the aid of its clients.
- Financial Institutions. Canada’s large financial institutions have announced flexible measures, to be evaluated on a case-by-base basis, for people who find themselves unable to pay their mortgages or other credit products. Please contact your banking institutions or credit union for further details.
- Car leases. Some car dealers are showing flexibility in payment schedules for car leases. Please contact your representative for further details.
- Telephone and Internet services. If you are in financial difficulty, several established companies are offering to negotiate flexible payment conditions. Please contact your service provider to find out if these conditions apply to you.
- And more … We strongly recommend that you go to the Union des consommateurs website for an overview of the measures put in place by governments and companies.
We encourage you to remain proactive in your search for financial solutions, especially given the possible waiting times for government assistance.
We believe that the broader FQM community has the strength to get through this difficult period together.
Thank you for your trust.
The FQM team and its board of directors